Discharge: Rants and Reflections of an Ob/Gyn Resident

Friday, July 15, 2005

Timing is Everything

This week's lesson: uncensored blabbing during sex can create problems. As my best friend recently instructed, "don't let 'I love you' prematurely slip. And if you can't think of a substitute phrase, do a search on the internet or something!"

I have heard a couple of amusing stories about bombs that were dropped in the heat of the moment. A friend of mine was having sex with her boyfriend while straddling him. In the middle of the act, she stopped abruptly and said, "Tyrone, where is this relationship going?" Poor Tyrone, who probably had diminished blood flow to the brain at that moment, blurted "um, toward marriage?" They were married 8 months later. Tyrone's only stipulation was that she hand him back his testicles long enough for him to pick the moment of his proposal.

A male friend recently told me that his ex-fiance proposed to him during sex. They ended up engaged even though he suspected the relationship was doomed. How can you possibly have an emotionally loaded conversation at that moment? One of my favorite lines from Sex in the City: "you're breaking up with me... while you're still inside of me?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home