Discharge: Rants and Reflections of an Ob/Gyn Resident

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

When I first arrived back in Chicago a few days ago I did what I usually do. First stop is Harold's Chicken/Robinson's Ribs/BJ's Market (take your pick) where I acquire a good ol' South Side artery-cloggin'-myocardial-infarction-on-a-platter that is unavailable in New England. Then I plop down in front of my sister's TV (I don't have cable at home), watch music videos, lick the grease off my fingers and wonder why I am fatter than the video hos.

I watched Jessica Simpson, daughter of a Baptist minister, gyrate in front of a car in a string bikini. This in itself doesn't bother me. What's weird is all the publicity about her virginal pre-nuptual status and squeaky-clean image contrasted with her hoochie behavior after the ring. Now that she's having marital relations with her nobody husband it's suddenly okay for her to show the world her ass? God says it's ok to be a hooch as long as you're married but not before? Maybe I should ask her dad. "Excuse me Mr. Simpson, your daughter kinda looks like a slut. No no, don't thank me. Just thought you might want to know."

Don't misunderstand me. I don't have anything against the hoochie-mamas. Smoke 'em if you got 'em, I always say. Just don't wear me out talking about your purity while you do it. It irritates me.

After watching cable for a week I have guilty pleasures other than food. I like 50 cent. He has a face made for the inside of a paper bag but that body... oh yeah, I like the songs, too :)

I like BBC America. Hyacinth Bucket rules!

And then there's Snapped on Oxygen. 'Nuff said.

I still enjoy those birth shows on TLC, even though I do that stuff every day now. I still get all sentimental and misty-eyed when I watch. More confirmation that I chose the right medical specialty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home